Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Good Art Bad Art

Good Art.

        My opinion of good art is an art work that catches the viewers attention and/or causes a reaction/emotion out of the viewer. Whether the reaction be good or bad. For example, I really like Abstract Art, it's so different and unique, most of the time I have no idea what the artworks are about. But I still enjoy them because that type of artwork always causes a reaction out of me, even if the reaction most of the time is "what the heck!?"







Bad Art
        
        My consideration of bad art is what good art isn't, which is meaningless. Bad art is a meaningless artwork, an artwork that does not stir up any emotions, feelings, or reactions. A work of art that is just for show and that has no story or meaning behind it. Like, combining a couple of pieces of metal together into a bizarre shape. I never really understood it, whats the meaning behind it, what caused you to put something so unusual together and have the nerve to call it art.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment